If you’ve got a question, we have the answer.

Our FAQs are a great place to find answers quickly. If you still can’t find the answer you’re looking for you can always contact us.


+ Why ride Scooti?


Scooters can weave through the traffic clogged roads, which means you save time and get where you need to be, faster.

Competitively priced

Ridesharing with Scooti is more affordable than other ride sharing options.


Ridesharing on a scooter reduces carbon emissions and traffic congestion. And with electric scooters booming in popularity, your journey on one of these is carbon nuetral.


All Scooti Drivers have quality scooters, clean driving records and no criminal history. Additionally, they have undertaken a bespoke Scooti training session to ensure only the most competent and reliable drivers are part of our team.

+ Where does Scooti operate?

We're starting in Melbourne and then expanding into Sydney.

In Melbourne you can book a ride through the app within a 10km radius of Melbourne Town Hall.

+ Does motor scooter rideshare exist in other countries?

Yes. Scooter taxis are a hallmark of an advanced metropolitan city and similar companies are becoming increasingly popular in congested cities. Scooterino in Italy, Go Jek in Indonesia and Grab in Singapore are proven successful models.

+ What do I do with the stuff I'm carrying?

Getting around on a Scooti means travelling light. You need your hands to hold on to the driver when your travelling.

However, all of our Driver's scooters come with a small luggage box with dimensions of approx. 30cm x 20cm x 34cm.

These will comfortably house the average handbag, notebook or file.

Anything you'd normally take to a meeting, lunch or a mate's house is probably not an issue.

Provided it's not too big, wearing a handbag cross body or a small backpack should also be fine.

+ What are the requirements to drive for Scooti?

  • Be able to communicate in clear English
  • Be at least 21 years of age
  • Hold a full, unrestricted motorcycle license for a minimum of 6 months, issued by an Australian state or territory
  • Pass a national police check
  • Complete a Scooti Driver training session
  • Pass a medical check
  • In Victoria you'll need to be accredited by Commercial Passenger Vehicles Victoria.

+ Do you provide scooters for your drivers?

No, you can supply your own approved vehicle provided it is less than 10 years old and has an engine capacity of at least 125cc.

+ I have an international license, can I drive for Scooti?

To drive for Scooti you must have held a full unrestricted motorcycle licence a issued in an Australian state or territory for at least 3 years. Your state's road and traffic authority will have further information on how to transfer an international license.

+ As a driver, do I have to buy a second helmet or is one provided (along with hair nets)?

Yes, you need to buy a second helmet. The helmet must comply with AS 1698, AS/NZ 1698 or UN 22. Hair nets will be supplied by Scooti.

+ Do I only work for Scooti when I want? Is there a minimum number of passengers I need to have per week?

You're the boss. You can sign in or out whenever you like, and work as much or as little as you like.

+ What if a passenger is intoxicated and making riding difficult for me?

Do not pick up passengers if they are intoxicated or if you consider their behaviour would be a risk to their safety or your safety. You have the right to decline any fare if you feel unsafe and you should always do so.

+ Are the scooters in good riding condition?

All scooters must be registered with Commercial Passenger Vehicles Victoria as a commercial passenger vehicle. To obtain and maintain that registration they must go for an inspection through a certified testing and inspection service and thereafter undergo an annual roadworthy inspection. Scooti also requires that all scooters must not be older than 10 years, in good condition with no tears, missing body parts or major dents. Scooters rented through one of our partners will be 2017- 2018 models.

+ What do I do if I have an accident while driving for Scooti with a passenger and either myself and/or passenger is injured?

The safety of you and your passenger is our paramount consideration. However, if an accident occurs in which any person is injured you must immediately notify the police and/or ambulance by phoning 000. You must also immediately notify Scooti as soon as practicable using the Driver App and an Incident Report Form must be completed and submitted to Scooti within 48 hours or as soon as possible if this is not practicable but never more than 7 days after the accident occurred.

+ What happens if I have an accident while driving for Scooti with a passenger and my scooter is damaged or there is damage to someone else's vehicle or property?

We provide no insurance cover for damage to the scooter or damage to third party vehicles or property. You must have and maintain your own comprehensive insurance policy that provides cover for damage to the scooter and to third party vehicles and property. We recommend NEIB Insurance.

+ Do I need public liability insurance to drive for Scooti?

You should make your own enquiries about your insurance needs but if in doubt we recommend NEIB Insurance.

+ What insurance cover is there for me and my passenger if I have an accident while driving for Scooti with a passenger and either myself and/or my passenger are injured?

No personal accident cover is provided by Scooti and you must have and maintain a statutory third party insurance policy that provides cover for claims arising from injury or death arising out of the use of the scooter as a commercial passenger vehicle. In Victoria, for details of the scope, conditions and limitations of such cover, you should contact the Transport Accident Commission (TAC).

+ How will I feel safe riding with someone I've never met?

All Scooti drivers are accredited by Commercial Passenger Vehicles Victoria. To obtain that accreditation they must have undergone and passed a national criminal history check, a driving history check and be medically fit to drive a commercial passenger vehicle.

+ Do I need to register for GST?

Yes. For more information, including to register for GST, visit business.gov.au

+ Do I need to have an ABN?

Yes. For more information, including how to apply for an ABN, visit business.gov.au

+ What safety measures are you taking to make the service safe?

All of our drivers must be accredited by Commercial Passenger Vehicles Victoria which includes passing a national criminal history, driving history and health checks. They must also have a full unrestricted Victorian motor cycle licence and have held a motorcycle licence issued in an Australian state or territory for a minimum of 3 years.

+ Can I get customer service help?

You can reach our customer service team from within the app or by sending us a message through the "Contact Us" tab on our website.

+ What if the driver has personal hygiene issues?

All of our drivers are vetted by one of our team members for suitability as a Scooti driver. Hygiene, presentation and communication, as well as safety, are our top priorities.